Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work based in Aylesbury, within the Neuro Disability Team.
The salary for this permanent Occupational Therapist job is £35,100 - £39,000 per annum.
- To independently manage a designated caseload of clients with complex needs in spinal cord injuries and neurological conditions.
- To complete specialist assessments of clients to address their occupational performance & skill deficit using specialist standardised and non-standardised assessment tools.
- To work with clients, their carers/relatives to identify OT goals as part of the overall care plan and participate in joint goal setting and rehabilitation planning with other team members.
- To plan and carry out regular goal review with the patient/family/carers to discuss progress and plan future goals.
- To plan and implement client centred individual and/or group interventions, enabling the clients in areas of self-maintenance, productivity & leisure, using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals.
- To conduct and develop rehabilitation groups, working with other members of the multi / interdisciplinary team.
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention and to ensure a high standard of evidence based clinical and professional practice is maintained and developed and intervention progresses to a satisfactory closure.
- To carry out home visits in liaison with other health and social care professionals to identify equipment and care needs required for discharge as appropriate.
- To provide clinical specialist advice/support to the occupational therapy team and other team members as appropriate in Spinal Cord Injury management.
- To provide help and advice to patients, their families, and other carers, teaching and demonstrating relevant treatment techniques, moving, and handling and use of equipment to optimise patient’s functional ability and independence.
- To lead and co-ordinate case conferences and family meetings.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Minimum two years post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.