Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist to work based in Rotherham.
The pay rate for this locum Community Occupational Therapist job is £25 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- To manage a defined caseload of clients of all ages, which may include children, who have complex needs and are living in the community, using client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To regularly supervise and appraise staff within the team, as delegated by supervisor and students on practice placements. Staff members you supervise may be employed by Adult Care and Housing Services. This will be on a day to day basis and in regular formal supervision.
- To act as a point of contact for any queries regarding the contacts made to the service. This may involve further information gathering and the resolving of conflict.
- To take responsibility for urgent cases.
To be responsible for allocating cases to OT’s and support workers. This may be on a daily basis, or at a weekly allocation meeting, depending on the priority of the case. It will also involve contacting the other C.O.T teams to ensure equity of service.
- To manage a caseload of clients, who live in the community, with complex needs. This will include planning visits on a daily basis.
- To visit clients of all ages, with a range of disabilities in their own home or community setting. This includes clients who have a physical disability, terminal illness, learning disability and/or mental health problem. The purpose of the visit will be to independently carry out a functional assessment of their needs and to implement appropriate interventions in order to address their identified needs.
- To give advice and assess for highly specialist equipment and identify the most appropriate equipment on the market, bearing in mind cost considerations and level of need. e.g. equipment for positioning.
- To be responsible for risk assessing for health and social care equipment, for fitting, if required and demonstrating the equipment and for instructing the client in its safe use. You should be aware of weight limits for the different pieces of equipment and where there is likely to be a delay in issuing equipment, after assessment, the customer will need to be kept informed of progress.
- Use specialist knowledge to carry out a comprehensive assessment for rehousing or adaptations, where the client has a profound disability, identifying the most cost effective solution that fully meets the assessed needs of the client. The process may also involve joint working with other agencies, e.g. Social Work, Regeneration Officers, Paediatric Occupational Therapists etc and the gathering of expert information from medical Consultants, specialist nurses, physiotherapists etc. Your recommendations may need presenting at an Adaptations Panel. Guidance should be sought from an Advanced OT when required.
- To make recommendations to and give advice to Housing Services on the provision of major and minor adaptations and minor fixings and to take on more complex adaptations under the supervision of the Advanced OT.
Requirements of the Community Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Minimum two years post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- Work as either full time or part time.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.