Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Community Occupational Therapist to work based in Islington.
The pay rate for this locum Community Occupational Therapist job is £30-£33 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Assessing the needs of clients under relevant legislation to assist in maximising their ability to achieve full participation in the community.
- To assess the need for and make recommendations on means of furthering the independence of clients including the use of domestic adaptations and personal aids.
- Ensuring that recommendations are implemented, liasing with all branches of the Social Services Department, other Council Departments and the Health Authorities as necessary.
- To participate in regular multi-agency meetings and to be part of a multi-disciplinary team within the localities, to include Team Manager, Specialist Social Worker/Care manager, Social Worker/Care manager – Adults, District Nurse care Managers, Link Hospital Social Workers and Domiciliary Care Assessors.
- To provide contributory reports, professional advice and support to Community Care and Social Work staff in undertaking assessments of need, devising care plans to meet identified needs, including advising on potential provider agencies or types of service being provided and undertaking reviews of care plans and need.
- Advising staff and clients in day and residential establishments and their homes when required on the occupational therapy needs of disable persons under the Chronic Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970.
- Maintaining current information relating to aids and adaptations.
- Offering specialist advice to council departments on the design and allocation of special housing e.g. wheelchair, mobility.
- Using computer terminal (with training where necessary) to input and extract information and to prepare reports and statistical analysis according to Departmental standards.
Requirements of the Community Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Recent post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Community Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.