Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Inpatient Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £30 to £35 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Manage a defined caseload, using evidence based practice and client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- Provide a comprehensive Occupational Therapy assessment and rehabilitation service to Service Users who have varying disability needs.
- Provide supervision and facilitate professional development with Occupational Therapy Assistants and Occupational Therapy students.
- Have an active role in education of staff through in-service training, multi-disciplinary training programmes, IHSCS programmes, OT student training and work experience; and to work in an education role with other staff groups and with the wider multi-disciplinary team and outside agencies/charities.
- Have a commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) by collaboratively working with professional colleagues to provide a high standard of multi-disciplinary service.
- Work as part of a flexible Occupational Therapy Service and a wider multi-disciplinary team in a variety of settings including Service Users' own homes, community settings, long term care areas, Service Users' work place, as well as within the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive(whatever area it is i.e. nursing, physiotherapy, etc) knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Evidence of postgraduate CPD.
- Experience working at Band 5 level or above as an Occupational Therapist in 2-3 clinical areas, one of which must have been with Older People and/or Physical Disabilities.
- Knowledgeable in Occupational Therapy models and treatment approaches and able to critically evaluate implementation within clinical area in line with organisational policies and evidence based practice principles.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and delegate appropriately to manage own workload yet able to recognise the need for and seek support when necessary.
- Have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team gaining an awareness of team dynamics and developed good interpersonal skills and the maturity / self-confidence to form effective working relationships.
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.