Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work full-time within a Crisis Team based in Rotherham. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist role is £25.34 - £43.10 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- Weekday - £25.34 per hour
- Night/Saturdays - £34.16 per hour
- Sundays - £43.10 per hour
- To triage all mental health referrals to the Crisis Team to determine the priority for service response and the appropriate clinical pathway. This includes completing identified shifts based at Woodside working alongside the Care Co-ordination centre call handlers to provide timely triage for callers to the crisis line.
- To carry out a full assessments of needs including comprehensive risk assessments of persons referred or self -referred to the service.
- To recommend and refer, where treatment/intervention is indicated, to the most appropriate team/ service utilising all available resources.
- Provide a clinical service that is service user focussed.
- Identify where appropriate treatment based interventions for all service users ensuring that best practice is implemented
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- Experience working within a similar role would be highly desirable
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- Must be a car driver
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.