Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Occupational Therapist to work full-time within a Forensic Male Secure unit based in Aylesbury. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £20 - £23 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- The service is a 20 bedded male low secure unit based in Aylesbury.
- It is part of a wider forensic pathway within Oxford Health with medium secure services in Oxford and Milton Keynes and low secure services based in Oxford.
- The service is staffed by multi-disciplinary core teams including nurses, doctors, psychologists and occupational therapists, supported by a variety of other professional colleagues including a designated adult education tutor and health and fitness instructor.
- Patients' care is managed in collaboration with the care programme approach, in accordance with a recovery approach to mental health treatment and care.
- In this context, we also engage with our patients' carers, families, and social networks and promote proactive approaches to physical health care.
- Manage a defined caseload and be supported by the Band 6 Senior OT and the Band 7 Clinical Lead OT.
- Provide Occupational Therapy that is evidence based and follows client centred principles. This will include assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating the outcome of interventions and documenting all stages of the process.
- Participate effectively as a full member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Contribute to the education of occupational therapy students.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive OT knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.