Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Occupational Health Nurse Advisor to work 22.5 hours per week within Darlington.
The salary for this permanent job is £42,821 per annum.
- To work in a small team and deliver a comprehensive and competent Occupational Health (OH) service to the Council and relevant Service Level Agreements in place. Contribute to improving employee health and wellbeing and building resilience in the workforce. The role will also work closely with Stockton Borough Council’s Occupational Health Team to provide cover arrangements and share best practice.
- Provide employee support services across a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Develop a proactive approach to the management of sickness absence.
- Play a proactive role in developing the OH service.
- Identify and contribute to addressing issues which can affect the health and wellbeing of the workforce.
- Develop a good understanding of the Council and its services, including the variety of job roles and their requirements and competencies.
- Be a catalyst for changes in the workplace that lead to primary interventions.
- Undertake medical assessments and provide objective, independent, comprehensive medical advice about measures to prevent or resolve health problems. Advice should be practical, clear and unambiguous, with a focus on what the employee can do to remain at or return to work, what the manager/HR can do to facilitate this in the short, medium and longer terms.
- Undertake pre-employment health screening to evaluate a potential employee’s fitness in relation to the risks and hazards of the job, environment and activities. Carry out relevant screening referring as appropriate to an OH Physician.
- Develop, implement and maintain secure systems for all employee health related records.
- Ensure that the service is delivered in accordance with professional standards.
- Adhere to the professional codes of conduct and ethics of the NMC/GMC
Requirements of Occupational Health Nurse Advisor:
- Degree in Occupational Health, Occupational Health Nursing Certificate or equivalent
- Recorded as a specialist practitioner with the NMC
- Clinical training in immunisation
- Accredited training for health screening assessments
- Recent working knowledge and application of legislation relating to OH
- Knowledge of the operation of specialist equipment appropriate to OH practices and services
- .Awareness of clinical governance issues
- IT Literate, capable of using MS Word/Excel and office packages
- Approx. 2 years post registration experience in occupational nursing
- Experience of occupational health within a public sector setting or similar large, multi-functional organisation
- Approx. 2 years’ experience of carrying out an effective Health Surveillance programme
- Experience in developing and delivering training/awareness sessions
- Experience of dealing sensitively with health, sickness and wellbeing issues
- Ability to work to broad guidelines and to use discretion and act on own initiative as required.
- Ability to anticipate and highlight issues that need to be taken into account
- Ability to maintain accurate record
This job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.