Sanctuary Health are looking for a Newly Qualified Preceptorship Nurse to work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker (with facilitation) for a defined group of patients/residents based in Maidenhead.
The salary for this permanent Preceptorship Nurse role is £26,617.50 - £28,705.95 per annum + £9000 welcome bonus. The role is full-time 39.375 hours per week. Day shifts: 08:00am - 20:00pm. Night shifts: 20:00pm - 8:00am.
- Protecting and supporting the health of individual patients / residents
- Assessment of care and health education needs
- Development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care including discharge planning for each patient
- Under supervision, to gain experience and skills in:
- Clinical practice
- Facilitation and teaching
- Management (as appropriate)
- To work in accordance with THG Nursing Strategy and contribute to achieving THG strategic objectives.
- To take charge of the ward/department/unit in the absence of senior nursing staff following performance review.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period
Scope and Authority
- To be an active participant in the multidisciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments.
- In conjunction with other health professionals, assess and manage risks identified through assessment of patients / residents.
- To regularly review risk factors and work in conjunction with other health professionals to modify care plans as appropriate.
- To act as the primary nurse for inpatient stay.
- To ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisations policies and procedures.
- To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
- To act as a mentor/preceptor to students/support workers as appropriate.
- To supervise junior staff in carrying out their care plans.
- To liaise effectively with all actively involved in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients / residents.
- To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance quality of care for patients / residents and carers.
- To comply with the Huntercombe Group Health and Safety Policies and Protocols in order to contribute to safe working practices.
- To protect vulnerable adults / children from internal/external factors and act as a Patient Advocate.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
- 2 week's paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays that grows with service
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Requirements of the Preceptorship Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration
- A degree or equivalent within nursing
This Preceptorship Nurse job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.