Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 7 Neuro Occupational Therapist to work in Birmingham on a full-time basis.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £29.50-£30.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Assess patient's occupational therapy needs, plan, carry out and coordinate an individual treatment plan using sound clinical reasoning skills and evidence-based practice.
- Provide assessment and analysis of rehabilitation, social and care needs of complex patients as part of the IDT, referring on to outside agencies/professionals in discussion with senior members of staff.
- Coordinate patient's treatment plans as part of goal setting process.
Act as a PA by coordinating and leading the provision and organisation of their interdisciplinary goal-focused rehabilitation programme.
- Acting as point of contact for patients, carers and outside agencies.
- Assess and request a wide range of equipment needs making appropriate referrals or requests to a number of organisations within the region.
- Liaise effectively with wheelchair services to meet patients, mobility, postural and tissue viability needs.
- Transport and fit equipment as necessary to client's home/work/leisure area.
Deal sensitively with clients and carers/families coping with difficult diagnoses or with long term/degenerative conditions.
- Undertake and advise on clinical risk assessments and home visits.
- Assess for, order, and provide activities of daily living equipment for individual patients and to ensure safe use of equipment such as wheelchairs and manual handling devices.
- Refer to and advise services responsible for long-term issue and maintenance of equipment as appropriate.
- Communicate complex user-related information effectively to the inter-disciplinary team, including colleagues in social care and health, education and acute services, to ensure the delivery of a co-ordinated service.
- Provide informative reports and discharge summaries to GP's, social services, outside agencies and other therapy staff in compliance with service standards.
- Keep accurate and contemporaneous clinical records in accordance with professional, departmental, BCHC trust and HM standards.
- Coordinate client's rehabilitation programmes, in liaison with senior staff, to meet complex social, emotional, and physical needs within an appropriate environment.
- Adhere to all departmental, CBU, BCHC trust and HM policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive Occupational Therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ruben Mota; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.