Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated MSK, Vascular & General Sonographers to work full-time based in North London. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of radiography and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Sonographer job is £50 - £52 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is a 3-month contract.
- To act as an Advanced Practitioner, experienced in all aspects of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. In addition, the post-holder will be expected to perform Abdominal, Gynaecological (trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal), Urinary Tract, Thyroid, Testes and Vascular Ultrasound, (including Carotid, Arterial & Venous Doppler, peripheral arterial physiological testing and DVT examinations).
- Maintaining and promoting the highest professional, technical and ethical standards in Ultrasound, through effective clinical governance.
- Prioritising and reporting of own workload.
- Manage the Ultrasound workflow, to ensure information is correct, resulting in patient record integrity and accurate statistical analysis.
- To continually improve Ultrasound practice through professional and personal development.
Requirements of the Sonographer:
- Degree or equivalent within Sonography
- Recent UK post qualifying experience working as a Sonographer
- Must be HCPC registered
- To have an advanced level of vascular sonography knowledge and experience. (we appear to be receiving complex vascular requests in London already).
- Experienced in Thyroid and neck scanning and confident in reporting them to the present BTA reporting standards.
- Candidates must have scanned at least 500 patients in the last year.
- We are using Esaote MyLab portable ultrasound machines, Soliton RIS system.
- Must be able to work independently in a clinic they will be assisted with a healthcare assistant.
- Must scan all gyne patients trans-vaginally (unless contra-indicated)
- Must be prepared to travel anywhere in the North-West London area, possibly to different sites on different days.
This Sonographer job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.