Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Minor Surgery Nurse to work in Grimsby.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent nurse job is £32,500 per annum.
- To provide nursing expertise in the management of patients undergoing dermatology treatment as an outpatient in settings outside of the hospital environment. To work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide innovative community-based health care for Dermatology patients referred by General Practitioners Always working within the parameters of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct, Scope of Practice and Virgin Care policies and procedures.
- Support a multidisciplinary dermatology team bringing appropriate clinical services out of the hospital and into the community so patients can be treated closer to home.
- Work with Dermatology Consultants, GPwSI's and Specialist Dermatology Nurses to provide access to consultation/treatment/dermatological diagnostics and health education for patients with dermatological problems and skin cancer.
- To plan individual treatment plans, helping to prevent unnecessary referral to secondary care
- To promote the concept of nurse led services supported by an evidence base for clinical practice and allowing the appropriate allocation of nurse specialist expertise to areas of greater need.
- Maintain a high standard of patient care within the Service, promoting the concept of safe practice using up to date treatment and protocols/guidelines
- Work within the policies and local standard operating procedures of Virgin Care Dermatology services
- To provide Phototherapy clinics (full training will be provided)
- Removal of Sutures
- To provide Phlebotomy clinics
- Develop, coordinate and participate in the ongoing education of dermatology patients and their carers to manage their symptoms and help them to overcome the psychological, social and physical aspects of their condition.
- To be fully conversant with the usage of all topical medications, their action, contraindications and guidelines for application.
- To act as a resource to provide clinical advice and support to staff within primary and secondary care and to liaise effectively to support continuity of care for patients.
- Participate in monitoring clinics of patients requiring systemic medication for chronic disease management.
Requirements of the Nurse:
- An in-date DBS is required for all roles/work
- RGN qualified
- NMC qualified
This Nurse job is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.