Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner to work within a Home Treatment Team based in Plymouth on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum role is £24 - £25 per hour (Assignment rate). This is an initial 3-month contract. Working Monday to Sunday shifts with a mix of Long days and Nights.
- The Home Treatment Team provides Short term crisis work and longer term treatment at home. Both are designed to offer alternatives to inpatient bed use or to safely facilitate early discharges.
- The post holder will work with Home Treatment Team which operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and works with people aged 18-65 years, who are experiencing an acute mental health crisis and are registered with a GP in a specific locality of Plymouth.
- The post holder will provide mental health care and other interventions in the setting most appropriate to meet the patient's needs.
- In addition they will provide support and supervision the junior staff.
- The post holder will also provide a high quality assessment (including risk assessment) to those who are experiencing a mental health crisis and then signpost to the relevant service, this could be an inpatient admission, CMHT within secondary mental health services, or it may involve signposting to third sector organisations or back to GP.
- The post holder will be required to provide support and supervision to junior staff, such as Community Support Workers, within the team.
Requirements of the Mental Health Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapy
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post qualification
- Previous acute and/or liaison or home treatment experience
- 2 years' experience.
This Mental Health Practitioner job is advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.