Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner (Care Coordinator/CPN) to work full-time within an Adults Community Mental Health Team based in Rotherham. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Mental Health Practitioner role is £25.23 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Purpose of the job:
- As post holder of this role you will work as a member of a multidisciplinary within the Adult Community Mental Health Team, providing a service to clients experiencing mental health psychotic symptoms of a serious and enduring nature.
- You will be responsible as the Care Coordinator for the assessment and co-ordination of care needs, planning and implementation of evidence based care to a defined group of service users and their carers.
- Provide professional advice and support to other agencies and members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Act as a role model and resource for junior/less experienced staff.
- Be responsible for the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of the evidence based care required, including health promotion for a named service user/group.
- Responsible for the appropriate clinical risk assessment of service users contacting the crisis service as appropriate.
- Provide an effective advice, guidance and decision making process culminating in the co-ordination of any reviewed plan of care.
- Responsible for the admission, case conference/reviews and discharge in collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for coordinating the care and assessment under the Care Programme Approach of a designated caseload.
- Participate in the development of the service, setting of quality standards, including the auditing, monitoring and reviewing in line with current clinical guidance practice and policy.
Requirements of the Mental Health Practitioner:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- 3 years post registration experience - previous experience of working in community mental health setting
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
This Community Psychiatric Nurse job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.