Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Mental Health Occupational Therapist to work full-time in Beckenham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £26-£28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Undertake occupational therapy assessments for a designated caseload, assessing health and well-being from an occupational perspective.
- Contribute to assessing and completing risk assessments within the multi-disciplinary team to support a person's recovery.
- To hold an up to date knowledge of a range of occupational therapy standardised assessments, the models on which they are based and how to carry these out.
- To identify occupationally focused goals taking into consideration the mental, physical, spiritual, psychological and social needs of the service user and that it is sensitive to age, culture, race, gender, ethnicity, social class, sexuality and disability.
- In collaboration with the service user, to plan and implement individual or group therapeutic interventions using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals which support their recovery.
- To use outcome measures that give clear evidence that occupational therapy has made a difference to people's occupations and ultimately support social inclusion and promote recovery.
- Hold an up to date knowledge of safeguarding principles and know how to respond to any safeguarding concern related to the service user.
- Display an understanding of the potential for distress caused by, and social and personal consequences of mental illness for the service user, their families, carers and support networks.
- To interact with service users, families, carers and support networks in an empathetic fashion and demonstrate a clear understanding of the effects of disability in the areas of productivity, leisure and activities of daily living.
- Apply a high level of understanding of the effect of disability and provide training and advice on lifestyle changes and adaptations to the service user's social and physical environment.
- To assess and prescribe small aids and equipment and recommend adaptations to maximise independence for service users in home and community environments, where appropriate.
- Analyse, grade and adapt individual and group activities to meet the occupational performance and participation, environmental and vocational needs of service users.
- To routinely implement occupationally focused pathways that clearly identify what service users can expect from their occupational therapy interventions whilst working collaboratively with individuals to ensure treatment is targeted to their specific needs.
- Ensure all occupational therapy equipment and materials are maintained and stored responsibly and advise on resources needed to carry out group and individual treatments including financial.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Previous experience
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.