Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Senior Mental Health Practitioner to work in Basildon.
The pay rate for this permanent Mental Health Practitioner job is £31,365 to £37,890 per annum.
- You will work as a member of the MDT in providing high quality, evidence-based, holistic assessments, and care to patients in line with your professional code of conduct and Trust policies.
- You will work within a fast-paced urgent community care pathway offering an urgent and crisis response to those experiencing mental distress within the community. You will work with non-statutory and statutory services to support people while in crisis.
- You will conduct initial CPA assessments, agree formulation of need, and develop collaborative care plans underpinned by NICE Guidance delivering a range of interventions based upon individual needs. Assessments and interventions can take place in patient's homes, team bases, hospital, and other community settings or via tele-coaching and using assisted technology and on-line forums. The successful candidate will be working within the North East Essex area conducting assessments and interventions over a twenty-four-hour period.
- As required by your manager, you will have responsibility for the day to day supervision and management of lower banded staff within your team locality. This will include the management of these staff in line with agreed Trust HR processes.
- Complete mandatory training in line with the Trust Policy
- Receive annual appraisal and conduct annual appraisals to lower banded staff
- Training relevant to Band 6 competency framework
- Take all allocated annual leave
- Receive management supervision and deliver management supervision as requiredby your manager
- Supervise and manage on a day to day basis lower banded staff within theprofessional group and team locality as required and in line with Trust HR processes
- Ensure lower banded staff are appropriately inducted, receive appropriatesupervision, have an annual appraisal and are compliant with mandatory trainingrequirements
- Comply with the CPD and practice hours requirements set out by Nursing Midwifery
- Council NMC / Medicines competency framework (This is the essential requirementfor yearly registration)
- Mentorship and supervision of students and lower banded staff
- Degree or equivalent in mental health nursing
- NMC registration
- Experience within a similar role
- Mentorship preparation
- Evidence of continual professional development
- Meet the requirements for revalidation as set out by the NMC
- High standard of education
- Good written and spoken English
- Proven experience of working in a health, social care or community setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Proven experience of working with people with mental health conditions and vulnerable service users
- Proven experience of conducting and contributing to ongoing assessments
- Ability to conduct risk assessments of the individual in the service user environment
- Proven experience of medicines management in line with NMC Standards and Trust policies and procedures
- Experience in providing psycho-social interventions
- Demonstrate an understanding of the recovery principles
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters
- Able to deliver from a range of possible key therapeutic interventions CBT, Psychosocial interventions, Family Interventions, DBT approaches
- Working knowledge of the Paris/ Mobius Clinical Information System
- Knowledge of working with external agencies involved in the care of people with mental health problems
- Knowledge of the physical health needs of service users and monitoring of same
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Senior Mental Health Practitioner job is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.