Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Senior Staff Nurse (RMN) to work in Wishaw. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this permanent Senior Staff Nurse role is £34,992 to £38,259 per annum.
- To act as the primary nurse for inpatient stay.
- To ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisations policies and procedures
- To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
- To act as a mentor/preceptor to students/support workers as appropriate.
- To supervise junior staff in carrying out their care plans.
- To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients.
- To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance quality of care for patients and carers.
- To protect vulnerable adults / children from internal/external elements and act as a Patient Advocate.
Requirements of the Senior Staff Nurse:
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker for a defined group of patients.
- To provide clinical leadership to a designated nursing team and ensure the provision of high quality.
- To provide a high quality individualised standard of care to a defined group of patients, relatives and carers.
- Ensure the effective supervision and development of staff.
- To work and act as a key member of the team, supporting each patient with achieving their planned outcomes.
- To act as the primary nurse in the assessment of needs and organising of care.
- To take charge of a designated clinical area.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period.
This Senior Staff Nurse role is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.