Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Medical Secretary to work 37.5 hours per week, based in Stafford.
The salary for this permanent Medical Secretary job is £18,213 - £19,324 per annum, depending on experience.
- Monday – Friday
- 09:00 am – 17:00 pm
- Provide a full medical secretarial service to the Consultants and Medical Team, assisting them in achieving their objectives, organising their workload and to liaise with all relevant and appropriate services
- Provide excellent secretarial support to our Unit Consultant and the Unit as a whole within our Huntercombe Hospital Stafford
- Take receipt of all correspondence, ensuring that the appropriate action is taken
- Audio transcription and text processing of complex clinical letters, reports, case summaries and other correspondence as required by the Consultant and medical team, whilst ensuring a high degree of accuracy in medical terminology and clinical details
- Act as the focal point of contact and be responsible for the dissemination of information, messages and enquiries for the Consultant and medical team, liaising with multi-disciplinary team members, other Health Professionals and Staff, GPs, Social Workers, Service Users, Carers, and any other appropriate external agencies
- Be responsible for ensuring the implementation of patient registration codes for medics are set up as required by the Consultant, and management team
- Entering patient data on the patient registration system on behalf of the Consultant/Medical team in a timely manner
- Be responsible for preparing and ensuring that Care Records and all necessary paperwork is available
- Access and retrieve data for the Consultant via the specified reporting system or Microsoft databases as required
- Manage and co-ordinate the Consultant’s electronic diary
Requirements of the Medical Secretary:
- A confident and organised person
- A passion for customer care, exceptional interpersonal skills and a high level of patient focus
- Relevant experience and audio typing of 70 WPM
- AMSPAR qualifications
This Medical Secretary job is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.