Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Lead Occupational Therapist to work based in Potters Bar.
The salary for this permanent Lead Occupational Therapist job is £37,000 per annum.
- Provide care for young people and adults with acute mental health needs and personality disorders in an established 24-hour care environment. The CAMHS Tier 4 Low Secure services are for young people aged 13–18.
- Manage and lead the occupational therapy service, using evidence-based and people-focused principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions, which will see you provide service users with the confidence, skills and coping strategies required for independent living.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of individual treatment plans, which will see you design and deliver treatments, activities, and interventions,
- Provide effective and efficient management of the Registered Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants and students on their placement. This will you contribute to the business growth by actively promoting Elysium therapy services.
- Oversee and respond promptly to referrals, undertaking patient assessments to identify and prioritise service users needs before planning and delivering the appropriate and relevant interventions either on an individual or group basis.
- Receive support from a regional network of healthcare professionals and enjoy access to a variety of online and CPD training courses to support you reach your career goals.
- Develop living skills, rehabilitation, and educational opportunities/therapies under the strategic direction of the Therapy Lead.
- Provides internal care coordination for young people within the service
- Completing assessments, plan, implement intervention and evaluate outcomes as per individual service users’ care-pathway, enabling the service users in areas of self-maintenance, productivity, and leisure
- Evaluating outcomes aligned to care plans
- Implement and develop evidence-based therapeutic activities to aid service user mental health recovery
Requirements of the Lead Occupational Therapist:
- Be able to work therapeutically, engaging services users in developing insight and coping skills to manage their complex needs, both clinical and sensory-based needs
- Up to date awareness of legislation and its implications for the profession
- Experience working with service users with mental health conditions
- Supervision experience
- Be able to operate within professional boundaries and in line with the RCOT/HCPC Code of Conduct at all times
- BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy together with RCOT and HCPC registration
- 3 years experience including at least 1 years experience of working within the specialised area i.e. CAMHS services Mental Health/PD services
This Lead Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Hannah Rutter; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.