Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for a Lead Nurse/Paramedic to work full-time in Barnstaple, Devon.
The salary for this permanent Lead Nurse/Paramedic job is £38,000 per annum.
- Management, supervision and development of the HCP team within the specified custody suites, this includes local team meetings, 121s, absence management and the implementation of clinical supervision.
- To develop and manage compliance of local operating procedures and policies, meeting legislative guidance and evidence based best practice.
- Act as a designated manager for the service when on duty.
- To manage the custody stock of medications in line with an agreed level and in line with company policy.
- Ensure all clinical equipment is maintained and has annual checks in place. This includes where necessary all daily checks are completed by HCP team.
- To act as initial point of contact for commissioners, developing strong links with individual custody sergeants.
- In the absence of the Clinical Lead, ensure rotas are fully covered.
- Work closely with the compliance team to ensure the HCPs within the team manage all requests for statements and involvement with clinical incidents within timeframes.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection, information governance and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- To comply with health and safety legislation and local policies, providing healthy working conditions for individuals. Supporting staff who work in a range of secure environments in circumstances which may impact on a person's physical and mental well-being.
- To ensure safeguarding and child protection procedures are followed, and information sharing with child protection teams and agencies meet safeguarding board, trust and local policies
- Accountable for local audit: infection control, health and safety and medicines management.
- Accountable for achievement of statutory and mandatory training target for HCPs within the designated custody unit.
- To act as local IPC lead for a specified custody suite, ensuring audits are completed and when necessary, support in the development of reports to the IPC board.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Gympass - subsidised gym
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
Requirements of a Lead Nurse/Paramedic:
- Part 1 (Adult) NMC registration or Registered Paramedic.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice.
- Driving Licence.
- 3 years post-registration experience.
This Paramedic role is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.