Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Lead Inpatient Detox Nurse to work based in Birmingham.
The salary for this permanent Lead Inpatient Detox Nurse job is £40,330.81 - £45,365.43 per annum.
This role will involve evening, night, weekend and bank holiday working.
- Form part of the senior management team within the service, working closely with the Clinical Service Manager and Lead Doctor to provide and develop high quality clinical service provision, with specific responsibility for Nursing Services
- Ensure nursing treatment to residents is in line with national guidelines and local inpatient detox policies and protocols
- Undertake full clinical assessments and manage the health needs, planning, delivery, and evaluation of care
- Care for both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and nondrug-based treatment methods into resident’s treatment plans
- Accurately gather and interpret clinical information about residents, instigate appropriate remedial action and promptly record changes on CRiiS
- Manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and nondrug-based treatment methods into resident’s treatment plans
- Undertake regular CPD and create an environment that encourages your team to learn and develop
- Manage the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs
- Actively participate in recording and investigating incidents/complaints as directed by the nurse manager
- Ensure adherence by all staff to change grow lives infection control procedures through a clear understanding of enhanced requirements associated with a residential setting
- Undertake regular audits to assure CQC compliance for an inpatient setting
- Have oversight of the medication audits provided by external pharmacist and plan and implement training and process changes as required
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive, and up to date documentation in line with the NMC Code, NMC Guidelines on Medicines Management and the NMC Guidelines on Record Keeping, and any relevant change grow live policies
- Ensure safe minimum staffing levels on shifts through joint rota management with the nurse leadership team
- Risk assess all areas of your work including manual handling risks, know when and how to use the hoist, biohazards from body fluids, and managing anxious or upset residents or residents with mental health or cognitive dysfunctions
- Ensure all staff receive an annual health check in relation to night working and escalate any concerns highlighted to the nurse manager
- Work in partnership with stakeholders and promote CGL clinical service to commissioners and health and wellbeing boards alongside the Services Manager
- Communicate effectively within the referring Team and other partner agencies, prompting open and trusting relationships and develop effective communication pathways and partnerships
- Disseminate information to your team from the senior operational and clinical management teams
- Be involved in clinical audit of the service under the direction of the RLN
Requirements of the Lead Inpatient Detox Nurse:
- Relevant qualification
- Active NMC Registration with a current pin
- Be professionally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work and that of the team you are working with including the management of residents in your care
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Clinical Governance and be active in applying to your work situation, including maintaining own continuous professional development by keeping up to date in clinical practice, national guidelines, and developments, and incorporate them as necessary into your work
- Be thorough and diligent in all drug administration and demonstrate a duty of candour in relation to any incidents relating to medicines management
- Have a clear understanding of the Health and Safety aspects of your work and implement any policies which may be required to improve the safety of your work area. Including your prompt recording, recording any accidents, and ensuring the safe use of equipment
- Have a demonstratable ability to manage emergency situations by being proficient in intermediate life support and defibrillation plus carry out emergency anaphylactic and Naloxone administration as required until paramedic ambulance crew arrive, whilst maintaining the safety of all concerned
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to best safeguarding practice
- Understand what it means to you in your respective role, to your team and to service delivery
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to best safeguarding practice
- Willing to undertake the appropriate professional revalidation programme
- Willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at an enhanced level
- Be open
- Be compassionate
- Be bold
- Significant experience of working in the health/social care field or the ability to demonstrate sufficient experience in similar fields
- An in-depth knowledge of clinical interventions for use with a range of service users
- Understanding of UK Drug Strategy and Social Policy reforms
- Knowledge of different treatment models and harm minimisation interventions
- In depth knowledge of the regulatory framework within which the clinical services and the organisation operate
- Awareness of, and ability to work within, clinical legislation in relation to service users
This Lead Inpatient Detox Nurse job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.