Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Juniper Network engineer to work full-time in Cornwall. The pay rate for this locum Juniper Network engineer is £400 - £450 per day (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- The progression of incidents and problems in line with targets and commitments held within the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Production and reporting of technical performance information appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Monitor trends in system activity, agree technical policies for future development and optimise performance at solution and appliance operating system level.
- Availability Management across infrastructure and solutions appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Involved with formal projects and change requests, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner in accordance with current standards, policies and procedures
- Creation and implementation of procedures relating to the deployment and use of Information Service solutions
- Ensure quality data exists within Information Services data sets (e.g. Configuration Management System, Call Management System, Customer database)
- Be aware and adhere to applicable policies and processes within Information Services (e.g. Incident Management; Change Management; Configuration Management; Procurement)
Requirements of the Juniper Network engineer:
- Demonstrable, applied knowledge of installing, configuring and supporting Juniper firewalls and configuring site to site VPN’s in a large complex environment is essential.
- Demonstrable, applied knowledge of configuration and support of checkpoint firewalls and configuring site to site VPN’s in a large complex environment is desirable.
- Certification in and/or relevant and recent in-depth experience of Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco & HPE/Aruba technologies is desirable.
- The organisation supports a large network of sites that spans the whole of Cornwall and Isles of Scilly. The ability to be able to diagnose network faults is essential.
- The organisation currently runs a Cisco Core and HPE/Aruba Distribution/Edge switch environment. Extensive experience of supporting medium to large routed networks is essential.
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network.
- A good understanding of the following technologies:- VoIP, Traffic Managers, Proxy Web filtering.
- Experience of managing, analysing and resolving SLA service management events in line with our SLA obligations using ITIL methodology.
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs.
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work.
- Proven experience as network engineer or relevant position.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills in order to undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies.
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Ability to liaise with project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis.
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- A free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Juniper Network engineer job is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now