Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced International Social Worker to work based in Harrow.
The salary for this permanent International Social Worker role is £32,100 per annum.
- Complete assessments for children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, those subject to public care proceedings and, where directed by the Court, children subject to private law proceedings.
- To be responsible for the assessment, planning, monitoring and review functions for all allocated children and families.
- To be conversant with operational and practice issues pertaining to the delivery of frontline social work services for children, young people and their Parents/Carers.
- To undertake Initial and Core Assessments of children and families in accordance with the Assessment Framework, ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner and include an analysis of the needs and circumstances of each child and family, the desired outcomes to be achieved and the services that are required.
- To ensure that every allocated child has an up to date and outcome focused Plan that clearly states the action, responsible professional(s) and agreed time scale for completion.
- To ensure that all allocated children are visited, spoken to/communicated with and monitored in accordance with statutory and procedural requirements and in line with best practice standards.
- To ensure that all direct work undertaken with children/young people is purposeful, sensitive, respectful, and honest.
- To ensure that all correspondence and written notes detailing the outcomes and decisions from meetings with children/young people and Parents/Carers are distributed promptly.
- To prepare and present reports for a range of purposes, including child protection conferences, child looked after reviews and court, and ensures that these are produced to a high-quality standard.
- To undertake on-going consultation and participation with children/young people, Parents/Carers and other professionals to ascertain their views, wishes and feelings about each child’s Plan and ensure that this is regularly reviewed in accordance with statutory and procedural requirements and in line with best practice standards.
Requirements of the International Social Worker:
- Recognised Social Work qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip SW or equivalent).
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- The post holder is expected to complete all mandatory training and be willing to undertake other intermediate and more specialists training when necessary and appropriate, as determined through regular appraisal and development.
- Have a working knowledge of all statutory duties and responsibilities relating to children and families, including: Legislation, Regulations and Standards, Government Objectives and Initiatives, and National and Common Assessment Framework.
- Experience of user consultation and participation focusing on the needs of service users and carers.
- Experience of undertaking complex social work assessment and practice which take fully into consideration the child/young person’s background and lifestyle choices.
- Experience of formulating support, protection and care plans which consider the range of services appropriate to meeting the needs of children/young people and their parents/carers and families.
- A full UK driving licence preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and directly both verbally and in writing, with the use of interpreters and translators when required.
- Ability to make accurate and timely case recording.
- Ability to build empathetic and supportive relationships with children/young people and their families.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate with colleagues and partner agencies and to resolve differences of opinion or escalate these to an appropriate level of management.
This International Social Worker job is advertised by Luke Aldred; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.