Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work in Welwyn on a full-time/Part-time basis within an Intermediate Care Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £25.07 - £26 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Provide Intermediate Care rehabilitation services, for adults 18+ who require rehabilitation following illness or surgery
- Incorporates some sub-acute care and complex discharge planning functions
- Provide in-patient rehabilitation to patients admitted from the acute hospitals and from home to prevent admission to the acute services, supporting discharge from hospital and maximising independence
- Providing excellent clinical reasoning skills and giving expert advice, guidance and information to patients, health and social care professionals, carers and relatives and other non-professional, to facilitate safe and timely discharges
- Would also involve duties as a member of the senior team within in the unit, including supervising other members of staff
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
- Previous experience of working in an inpatient rehabilitation setting is essential
- Must be a car driver and be able to do access and/or home visits
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.