Sanctuary Executive is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Interim Public Health Principle to work part-time based in Merton.
The pay rate for this locum Interim Public Health Principle job is £300 per day.
- The post holder will support the commissioning of a range of Public Health services and support health improvement initiatives across the London Borough of Merton.
- Responsibility for supporting the commissioning and development of services for children and young people aged 0-19 is a priority.
- This includes Healthy Child 0-19 services (Health Visiting, School Nursing, and Family Nurse Partnership) and health improvement initiatives related to improving the health of children and young people.
- The post holder will also support commissioning of other public health services and provide procurement support to the Public Health team as required.
- The post holder will contribute to and co-ordinate the delivery of commissioning priorities and improving quality through contracting and performance frameworks.
- The post holder will contribute to planning for the reduction of health inequalities and work with partners including the Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS England and others.
- Manage the effective development of commissioning plans, informed by JSNA, which deliver improved health outcomes and reduce inequalities.
- Manage the effective development and delivery of Public Health Projects and programmes, leading work areas as appropriate.
- Manage the development of planning, business cases and service specifications in line with national best practice and evidence, making and implementing recommendations for change.
- Produce specifications and business cases for commissioning and de-commissioning services, negotiating and managing a portfolio of SLA's and contracts to meet tight corporate deadlines and agreed targets.
- Undertake a range of analysis and review of monitoring and performance data from a variety of sources to identify unmet needs for the whole Public Health Service, including new models for service delivery and best practice not currently defined by existing policies, making and implementing recommendations to inform future commissioning.
- Ensure that complex data is presented in accessible formats which increase understanding of local need when presented to a broad audience and supports the development of commissioning priorities and intentions.
- Provide procurement support for public health commissioned services.
Requirements of the Interim Public Health Principle:
- Educated to degree level in Public Health/Health Policy or related subject or equivalent
- Experience at working in a commissioning or service re-design role in the Local Government or NHS
- Experience of procurement of services in Local Government or NHS
- Excellent negotiation/influencing skills
- Understanding of the commissioning cycle and contract monitoring
- Understanding of the requirements relating to the procurement of services in Local Government
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise to deliver agreed objectives to specific deadlines
- Critical analysis of complex service data from different sources
This Interim Public Health Principle job is advertised by John Rudland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.