Sanctuary Executive is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Interim Public Health Principle to work full-time based in Oxfordshire.
The pay rate for this locum Interim Public Health Principle job is £400 per day.
- Work as a senior member of the Public Health team with responsibility for interpreting the latest national and local public health COVID-19 guidance, deputising for the Head of Public Health Programmes as required.
- Provide expert support and advice on COVID-19 to all educational settings as part of the County's Local Outbreak Plans.
- Be an active member of the Education Cell which reports into the Multi Agency Operational Cell (MAOG) and the COVID-19 Health Protection Board.
- Working alongside settings to interpret the public health guidance for the system of controls for COVID-19.
- Develop standard public health procedures for the Education Cell in response to COVID-19 in settings in collaboration with education colleagues in the Council.
- Be part of a multi-professional team of COVID-19 advisors for all education settings
- Represent the Local Authority Public Health team in weekly meetings with leaders of settings to update audiences of the latest advice, best practice and to answer specific questions. Another purpose of these meetings is to understand the current challenges being faced by the settings and be able to utilise this information to inform future approaches both locally and nationally.
- Drafting and updating FAQ's and circulating to settings.
- Escalating any issues/pressures for resolution with the Head of Public Health Programmes.
- Provide information about COVID-19 in settings to the Department of Education (DfE) as required.
- Responding to adhoc queries (telephone, email, virtual meetings) from settings or other system partners.
- Support the response from Public Health England Health Protection Team as required for COVID-19 management.
- Working as part of the Education Cell for COVID-19 prevention or positive cases and agreeing appropriate responses.
- Produce and present written reports for a wide range of audiences as required.
- Offer guidance to the wider Council on measures relating to COVID-19 in settings.
- As part of the Local Authority Public Health team this role may be asked to work across other areas in the pandemic response in Oxfordshire depending on surveillance and need from the system.
Requirements of the Interim Public Health Principle:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience in a health related settings.
- Experience working in the field of public health, clinical settings or NHS management.
- Experience of successfully working in a multi-disciplinary team environment. With a proven ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines and external partners, including schools and other education settings.
- Ability to chair, facilitate, manage and participate in meetings as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information and guidance, verbally and written.
- Understanding and experience of working within information governance and data security guidelines.
- Understanding of local government, NHS, public, voluntary and community sectors.
- Competent IT user including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype for Business, Teams).
- Highly resilient with the ability to manage own emotions in the face of pressure, set-backs or when dealing with challenging situations.
This Interim Public Health Principle job is advertised by John Rudland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.