Sanctuary Executive is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Interim Public Health Consultant to fill a full-time role within an Adults' Services based in Oxfordshire.
The pay rate for this locum Interim Public Health Consultant job is £650 a day although may be negotiable and is an initial 5-month contract.
About the job:
- You will be able to work flexibly and autonomously. You will be politically astute and enable elected members to maximise their positive impact on health and wellbeing. You will be a clear communicator and able to take people with you to effect change.
- You will lead on COVID-19 related work. This will include responsibility for areas of the Local Outbreak Plan and supporting the Director of Public Health with the COVID-19 response. The post will provide line management support to a small team of staff supporting
- Will have responsibility for the management of COVID-19.
- Contribute strategically to the development and maintenance of effective systems for the surveillance of COVID-19.
- Proactively use COVID-19 surveillance outputs to inform and influence the local actions, policies and strategies.
- Influence, and where appropriate, lead the development and implementation of a system wide response to COVID-19.
- Contribute strategically to the development of the Public Health team business continuity plans.
- The above is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. You will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by your line manager.
- Must be registered with GMC/ GDC Specialist List/ UKPHR
- Management experience is essential
- Experience of working with other agencies
- Understanding of key agencies involved in health protection
- Adaptable to situations, can communicate with people of all capabilities and attitudes
- Ability to respond appropriately in unplanned and unforeseen circumstances
- Understanding of epidemiology and statistics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including dealing with the public and the media
This Interim Public Health Consultant job is advertised by John Rudland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.