Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for an experienced Social Work Interim Head of Service to work in Tylorstown, within the Children Looked After Team.
The pay rate for this locum Interim Head of Service role is to be confirmed and is a 3-month contract.
- Develop, deliver, and monitor strategic plans that ensure that children looked after and care leavers can access high quality accommodation and supportive services that deliver good outcomes for children, young people, and their families.
- Ensure the development and effective delivery of safe, high quality, child-centred services to children looked after, including those looked after by connected people, in special guardianship arrangements and have been adopted.
- Work within budgetary limits and deliver annual efficiency agreements or budget reductions targets as required.
- Take personal responsibility for keeping up to date with legislation, research findings, and developments within children and young people’s services.
- Implement the service Quality Assurance and Learning Framework establishing, and monitor effective quality assurances mechanisms that include involvement of staff, carers, young people, and families in policy and service development and delivery.
- Take a lead in developing, promoting, and monitoring working partnerships with partner organisation in the statutory, voluntary, and community sectors, in order to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
- Attend and actively participate on decision making at Placement Panel, Children’s Management Meetings and Quality Assurance Panels exercising a critical friend role to Heads of Service and other managers in relation to the effective conduct of outcome focused business.
Requirements of the Interim Head of Service:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Care Wales registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work, including substantial experience of managing childcare services (including child protection services, staff, and budgets).
- Knowledge of the statutory framework for childcare services including a working understanding of the Children Acts 1989, 2004, and 2008.
- Welsh Language Level 1 – all employees will be required to undertake a basic Welsh Language Induction to reach this level.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Interim Head of Service job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.