Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Infection Control & Prevention Nurse to work part time (15 hours per week) based in Sawbridgeworth.
The salary for this permanent Infection Control & Prevention Nurse job is £33,150 per annum.
This role does include an on call expectation.
- Be responsible for the co-ordination and development of a quality infection prevention and control service providing leadership, support and guidance to all staff
- Responsible for providing advice to patients, visitors and staff across the organisation
- The provision of education and training to all grades of staff, and empowering staff to facilitate the prevention and control of infection
- Writing the annual infection control plan
- Overseeing the Local Infection Prevention and Control Sub-Committee
- Completing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for hip, knee & cluster infections
- Overseeing the Surgical Site Infection 30-day surveillance process
- Maintaining data spreadsheet
Requirements of the Infection Control & Prevention Nurse:
- RGN qualified
- Active NMC Registration
- Driven and self-motivated
- Infection Control & Prevention Registered Nurse experience
- Demonstrate a high level of autonomy to challenge inappropriate practice and must demonstrate clinical decision-making to assist in containing and reducing the incidence of infection through risk assessment, surveillance, audit, intervention and education
- Familiarity with NICE guidelines on clinical pre-assessment
- IPC Competencies First level registered nurse with degree level or equivalent experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Infection Control Nursing or equivalent or have achieved IPS infection control competencies
- Post Graduate Certificate in Infection Control Nursing or equivalent or have achieved IPS infection control competencies – desirable
- A positive, “can do” attitude who want to make a difference in their work
- Contributory pension scheme
- Attractive enhancement rates between 30% - 100% for evenings, weekends and bank holidays available to permanent and bank
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the opportunity to buy/sell more
- Flexible shift options
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking and a subsidised staff restaurant
- Free uniform
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Free DBS checking
- Long service, Employee recognition and appreciation awards
- Access to the Ramsay Academy - We invest in our people by creating real development opportunities and career pathways supported by structured learning curriculums
This Infection Control & Prevention Nurse job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.