Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Social Work Independent Reviewing Officer/CPC Manager to work based in Bournemouth.
The salary for this permanent Independent Reviewing Officer/CPC Manager job is £55,502 per annum.
- Lead and manage quality assurance functions of chairing of Child Protection Conferences and independent reviewing of children in care
- Lead the quality assurance of child protection processes and reviewing of outcomes for children in care
- Lead and manage the chairing and administration of child protection conferences and the effectiveness of all processes related to this
- Lead and manage the independent reviewing function for children in care
- Manage and ensure continuous improvement in the performance and quality of these two service areas
- Lead process with IRO’s of statutory right for escalation of concerns to Strategic Director and CAFCAS
- Lead on the development of a Business / Improvement Plan for the Safeguarding Team, identifying areas for development and improvement and to monitor and review progress against this plan at intervals in the year
- Directly manage and supervise team members to ensure the effective functioning of the service, allocation of work and high level practice standards
- Undertake appraisals and address performance issues as and when required
- Manage efficiently all budgets delegated to the post holder and to act as lead officer in relation to specified contracts, following Financial Regulations
- Act as Custodian of the list of records of children subject to a child protection plan and manage enquiries made of this list by other agencies
- Act upon the concerns from other agencies about safeguarding matters and to advise and act in line with escalation processes and maintain secure records
- Provide an independent quality assurance challenge to children’s social care and other agencies in relation to child protection plans and child protection processes
- Provide an independent quality assurance challenge to children’s social care and other agencies in relation to the quality and effectiveness of planning for children in care
- Contribute to commissioning and monitoring of children’s advocacy contracts
- Provide and present to the Strategic Director, Overview and Scrutiny Committee, Corporate parenting group and Safeguarding Forum statutory reports on Independent Reviewing of children in care and Child Protection as required
- Represent the council at regional and National forums and networks for IRO and Child protection
- Recruit and manage a sessional bank of IRO and CP Chairs where required
- Produce and implement policies and procedures concerning child protection, reviewing of CiC, quality assurance, and advocacy including on a multi-agency basis
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post
- Comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Council and any relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act and Data Protection Act
- Child Protection processes, Independent Reviewing of children in care
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer/CPC Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Registered Social Worker
- Extensive experience of children’s social care and children’s safeguarding at a management level
- Extensive experience of multi-agency safeguarding of children
- Experience of managing teams and undertaking performance management and improvement work
- Experience of managing and carrying out quality assurance functions including auditing and performance monitoring
- Experience of chairing child protection conferences and independent reviewing of CiC
- Experience of producing and presenting complex reports at a strategic level
- Relevant training to post graduate level
- Further training related to safeguarding of children
- Able to hold managers to account through quality assurance and performance challenge
- Able to translate complex statutory guidance into local policy and procedure
- Able to manage budgets
- Able to provide sophisticated analysis of complex data and information and present this in different formats to different audiences
- Able to identify improvements and create changes in service delivery
- Expert knowledge of the legal and statutory framework for child protection and safeguarding of children
- Expert knowledge of specialist safeguarding functions
- Knowledge of Signs of Safety Model and its implementation
- Understanding of safeguarding in social care, Health, Education, Police and other agencies
- Current understanding of all relevant inspection frameworks
- Passionate about improving outcomes for children and families
- Can drive improvement through critical process challenge
- Able to travel long distances to reviews
- Willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check
- Driving Licence
- Satisfactory DBS Disclosure
This Independent Reviewing Officer/CPC Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.