Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to work full-time in Dudley, within the Fostering Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Independent Reviewing Officer job is £39.07 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
At present, the successful candidate will be working from home due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.
- To provide a comprehensive reviewing service for Dudley MBC fosters, ensuring the foster carer's terms of approval are reviewed at least once annually as required by fostering regulations.
- To undertake reviews following a Complaint/Allegation in relation to a Dudley foster carer.
- To be responsible for the timeliness of reviews and that they are undertaken within the agreed statutory and procedural timescales.
- To provide high quality reports and ensure that accurate records are kept in relation to the outcomes of reviews.
- To take a lead in the monitoring of foster carers reports, performing a quality assurance function.
- Attendance at regular review panels to quality assure samples of foster care reviews
- To prepare an IRO report for inclusion in the Fostering Service annual report and provide updates as required.
- To provide an interface between the Safeguarding Unit and the Fostering Service
- To develop positive relationships within the team in order to promote and implement processes.
- To ensure the foster care placement provides appropriate care to the child(ren)/young people placed in the foster care household
- Provide regular analytical reports to Fostering Panel identifying examples of good practice, themes and tends, feedback on children's views and suggestions for development, changes to practice, policies and procedures
- Review of the Foster Care review paperwork and processes in line with service development
- To assist in the creation and implementation of an IT solution to capture management information in relation to Fostering IRO role.
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Kamruz Zaman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.