Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to work full-time in Sheffield. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Independent Reviewing Officer job is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Undertaking Looked After Children Statutory Case reviews, ensuring that the statutory and regulatory requirements of the Independent Reviewing Service is effectively delivered and managed.
- Ensuring that young people are enabled to express their views in appropriate settings
- Ensuring the development of high-quality practice for reviewing that meets national and locally set performance targets.
- Monitoring the quality and progress of child protection and care plans and challenging practice that does not meet required national and local standards using the appropriate monitoring and escalation protocols
- Attending regular team meetings, contributing to service development, attending supervision and taking responsibility for professional development
- Contributing to staff training in respect of child protection and looked after children processes
- Contributing to policymaking and producing procedures for the service
- Contributing to a programme of regular auditing as required
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role
- Must have experience of providing social work supervision and support
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Giorgio Dimuccio; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.