Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to work full-time in Derby. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England. You will be involved in wider Quality Assurance issues such as identifying themes that affect the service to Children in Care as a whole and developing children's participation.
The pay rate for this locum Independent Reviewing Officer job is £26.79 per hour (Assignment rate).
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role
- You will need to have significant post-qualifying social work experience, working with children in care, preferably with management/ supervisory experience.
- You will need a clear understanding of the current responsibilities and challenges within the role of Independent Reviewing Officer and be able to evidence your ability to carry out the requirements of the post.
- Experience of managing complex cases, effectively communicating with young people and their families and the confidence and ability to work constructively with senior managers offering a critical perspective and appropriate challenge will also be a key requirement of the post.
- Good working knowledge of current legislation and regulations relating to Children in Care.
- You must be able to travel to placements across the country. You will receive good management support, regular supervision, and professional development opportunities locally and regionally.
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Michael Bridges; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.