Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer to work full-time based in Haringey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Independent Reviewing Officer role is £50,464 - £53,482 per annum.
- To undertake the role of Independent Reviewing Officer as outlined in The Children's Act 1989 Guidance, Review of Children's Cases Regulations 2004 (as amended), The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review Regulations 2010 and IRO handbook.
- To develop and improve the Local Authority's practice in the review of care plans for Looked after Children, using research, user feedback and evidence from innovative practice initiatives.
- To provide a quality service that incorporates the rights of children, their views wishes and feelings, while working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals.
- To develop and implement Quality Assurance Systems for the Department and undertake regular audits.
- As necessary to provide consultation and expert advice on the needs of looked after children and safeguarding issues to social work professionals and multi-agency partners.
- To chair Looked After Children (LAC) Reviews in accordance with current legislation, regulations, statutory guidance, policies and procedures.
- To ensure LAC Reviews scrutinise assessments, planning and the provision of services to ensure high quality decisions to promote children's best interests and improved outcomes.
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Substantial post qualification experience in statutory children's social work services, with evidence of direct work with looked after children, children subject to child protection plans and their parents / carers.
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.