Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Social Worker to work as an Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) based in Oldham.
The pay rate for this locum Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) job is £40 per hour (assignment rate) and has an initial 3-month contract.
- Provide independent chairing services for looked after children and children who are in need or at risk of abuse
- Monitor the implementation of plans for children and promote good social work practice
- Ensure that other relevant partners discharge their statutory duties to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children and young people
- Provide a quality assurance mechanism to ensure that all plans for children comply with national standards, local policies and statutory requirements
- Provide an independent overview and inspection of other functions within children's services as necessary
- Provide challenge to operational and senior managers and to escalate to the DCS where appropriate where practice has fallen below the expected standard
- Chair pathway plan reviews, statutory reviews for looked after children and children placed for adoption and prepare minutes from the review
- Chair and review child protection conferences, taking the lead role in conference management and establishing the plan for any actions needed by all relevant agencies
- Chair other meetings in accordance with the LSCB procedures and any complex/contentious meetings where an independent chair is required
- Act as a consultant for Social Workers and Managers and other agencies on child protection matters and thresholds for conferencing
- Facilitate the involvement of parents and children in making and reviewing child care and child protection plans ensuring that the 'voice of the child' is reflected in the outcome of the process and explore opportunities to ensure that this is heard
- Fnsure that departmental policies and procedures, legal requirements and government guidelines are maintained and adhered to in particular Working Together and the IRO Handbook
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of plans for children in line with identified needs against quality standards and government guidance to ensure that a high standard of work and good practice is maintained and provide appropriate challenge to practitioners and mangers where this is not the case
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience working within a similar role
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Giorgio Dimuccio; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.