Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to work full-time in Bromley. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this permanent Independent Reviewing Officer job is £40,200 - £47,057 per annum.
Duties of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- At the request of the Group Manager Quality Improvement, to chair other meetings concerned with the welfare of children.
- To produce Reviewing Reports in line with Bromley procedures for children subject to Child Protection Plans or Children Looked After.
- To provide direct advice, consultancy and support to staff in the Directorate and elsewhere as directed by the Group Manager Quality Improvement, concerning Child Protection and Looked After Children.
- To assist in the development of standards and procedures for the provision of Bromley's child protection and Looked After Children services.
- To assist the Group Manager, Quality Improvement in monitoring and auditing the quality of child protection work and work with Children Looked After and the adherence to accepted standards, procedure and practice. To prepare reports thereon with recommendations for improvement.
- To undertake regular midway checks of child protection cases and feedback on positive practice and any areas of concern, including escalating concerns when necessary.
- To promote good communications and working relationships between all agencies concerned with Child Protection and Children Looked After in Bromley.
- To assist and occasionally deputise for the Group Manager, Quality Improvement in all areas of the team's work.
- To represent the Department on relevant bodies as directed by the Group Manager, Quality Improvement.
- Undertake appropriate training and to maintain a knowledge of changes to departmental procedure, legislation and regulations and of developments in professional practice.
- To contribute to training and to hold liaison responsibilities with the operational teams in Children's Social Care.
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.