Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Manager (IRO) to work full-time in Barking & Dagenham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Independent Reviewing Manager job is £57,482 - £62,735 per annum.
Duties of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- To lead, manage, develop and direct a team to ensure that the service has the capacity and capability of delivering an efficient and effective independent reviewing service in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Strategic planning to ensure that the service has the right capacity and capability to meet the statutory requirements, being the designated strategic and operational lead for particular aspects of the service
- To lead on the day to day allocation of work within the service
- To take a lead role on specific aspects of the service responsibilities, developing and providing specialist expertise to IROs, senior management within the council and within the wider children and young people's partnership, including the Safeguarding Children Board and Corporate Parenting Board with regard to professional practice relating to looked after children. This will involve taking the lead on specific aspects of strategic planning and the development of specific policy, practice and procedures.
- To provide mentoring and support to IROs, undertaking independent management reviews and audit of children's cases where there have been practice shortcomings or routinely as part of the quality assurance framework.
- Ensuring that all relevant lines of enquiry have been followed, that critical issues are identified and appropriately escalated, that learning and recommendations follow from the findings and that action plans are developed and monitored to evidence improvements in practice.
- To undertake such reviews personally where they are particularly complex or relate to a specific area of expertise.
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role is essential
This Independent Reviewing Manager job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.