Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a role for a Homeless Casework Officer in Portsmouth.
This pay rate for this role is £14.84 per hour (Ltd/umbrella) and has an initial 3-month contract.
- Interviewing customers who are threatened with homelessness, making enquiries to establish their circumstances and support needs, and making decisions in accordance with the 1996 Housing Act.
- Assessing homeless applications in accordance with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Making assessments of support needs, liaising with other agencies to obtain information and identify appropriate housing solutions.
- You will be required to record your assessments and decisions accurately using Portsmouth City Council's IT systems, and to communicate these decisions clearly to customers both verbally and in writing.
Requirements of the Homeless Casework Officer:
- Experience of working in a local authority making homeless decisions.
- Able to work independently to make homeless and care and support assessments, interpret legislation and make decisions in accordance with the legislation.
- Has experience of managing a homeless caseload, prioritising work appropriately, keeping customers updated of the progress of their application and keeping accurate records.
- Has knowledge of the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, and an ability to apply this legislation and deal with homeless applications appropriately.
- Is able to carry out home visits. Own transport is not essential but you must be willing to use public transport within a reasonable area.
- An enhanced DBS certificate dated within the last 12 months is desirable but not essential
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
This Homeless Casework Officer role is advertised by Tom Watson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.