Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Brighton for a Homecare Community Nurse.
The salary for this permanent Homecare Community Nurse job is £32,000 per annum.
The postholder will be expected to travel extensively, and in all weather conditions, within the region to deliver nursing services. They also may be required to travel outside the region in line with business need.
- Providing high quality, cost effective clinical care to a caseload of patients across Intravenous Therapies, Oncology, Enzyme Replacement Therapy and Biologics or any new service line introduced
- Communicate effectively at all times and at all levels within the company and with external customers, patients and their families
- Promote a progressive attitude to the continuous improvement of standards of care through research and evidence based practice
- Accountable for the competent and confident delivery of high quality clinical care to all patients across nursing services through careful assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care needs and requirements
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic evidence based nursing care
- Demonstrate a professional approach to work and act in accordance with the NMC’s code of Professional Standards of Practice and Behaviour for Nurses and Midwives at all times
- Acknowledge any limitations of competence and seek advice and support as necessary
- Maintain own registration with NMC whilst complying with the requirements of revalidation
- Act as an advocate for the patient and family providing information, support and direction to other support services as appropriate
- Ensure all patient care is documented and that all relevant records are completed accurately, and within agreed timescales, using company approved documentation in line with NMC and CQC standards
- Accountable for reporting all activity, risks and issues in line with Company policies and procedures
- Escalate to their line manager any changes in an individual’s health and wellbeing or information that requires reporting
- Assist with on-going education and training of patients and families
- Communicate effectively, promoting open and trusting relationships
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other professionals involved in their care, overcoming barriers and providing support during distressing or emotional events
- Participate in surveys, audit and implementation of new services
- Maintain confidentiality in line with all current legislation
- Provide support to colleagues as appropriate
- Demonstrate sound clinical judgement and risk based decision making at all times
- Act in accordance with company standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Adhere to regulations required under the Care Quality Commission
- Act in accordance with the NMC’s The Code for Professional Standards of Practice and Behaviour for Nurses and Midwives and other statutory requirements
- Timely submission of Timesheets & expenses
Requirements of the Homecare Community Nurse:
- Registered Nurse
- NMC registered with valid live pin
- Be competent in the administration of medication including under Patient Group Directives (PGD)
- Understand how the long term physical, psychological and social impacts of a specific diagnosis and treatment can affect an individual patient
- Have knowledge of and adhere to company policy and professional standards and ensure that colleagues do likewise
- Full UK Driving License
This Homecare Community Nurse job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.