Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 6 Histology Biomedical Scientist to work full-time based in Hastings.
The pay rate for this locum Histology Biomedical Scientist job is £25 - £26 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Participate in the work of the laboratory under the supervision of the Lead Biomedical scientist or a Senior BMS on a rotational basis if required
- Possess and apply a high degree of specialist knowledge in Histology for the preparation and staining of all types of body tissue
- Carry out the technical preparations of histological specimens including embedding, section cutting, routine staining, as well as more specialised techniques such as immunohistochemistry and special stains
- Carry out the cutting and staining of specialist frozen sections for rapid diagnosis
- Perform the cutting of frozen sections for specialist staining with fluorescent antibodies to assist with diagnosis
- Undertake quality control of tissue sections using acquired knowledge to match slides, specimen block and request form
- Technically interpret all tissue sections stained for histology and take appropriate actions. i.e. quality control of special stains and immunohistochemical stains
Requirements of the Histology Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered
- Must have a relevant qualification in biomedical science or alternative qualification
- Post qualifying experience within biomedical science
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Histology Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.