Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Hearing Aid Dispenser to work 37.5 hours per week, based in Harrow.
The pay rate for this locum Hearing Aid Dispenser job is £25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 12-month contract.
In order to meet the needs of the Trust’s services you may be required to work at other locations to your normal place of work and take a flexible approach to working.
- Undertakes routine and occasionally complex clinical caseloads in Adult Audiology without supervision
- Providing Audiology cover for ENT clinics, the provision of common Audiology techniques and a full hearing aid service; fitting, reassessments and repairs to NHS hearing aids
- Provides expert clinical service in habilitation of adults with hearing loss and tinnitus
- Assists with clinical supervision and training of junior staff and students
- Updates own professional knowledge, keeping abreast of new digital hearing aid technology, assessment techniques and best clinical practice
- Undertake full Audiological assessments of patients and to assist in complex and non-routine cases such as those with multiple disabilities and severe communication difficulties
- History taking and carrying out hearing and auditory function tests to include pure tone audiometry, tympanometry, acoustic reflex testing and speech audiometry
- Carry out examination of the ear by Otoscopy in patients including complex cases, to identify the anatomy of an individual’s ear, any abnormalities or pathology
- Analyse results to determine the next stage of diagnostics required, and to problem solve inconsistent or erroneous findings
- Take medical histories of patients directly referred from primary care to exclude pathologies requiring a medical opinion
- Develop and implement Individual Plans for patients, including complex and routine cases
- Ensure that clinical equipment used is calibrated, decontaminated and maintained according to national and departmental protocols
Requirements of the Hearing Aid Dispenser:
- Have a BSc or PTP in Audiology, BAAT part I and II or equivalent, have appropriate experience and be RCCP or HCPC registered
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive hearing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Hearing Aid Dispenser job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.