Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Healthcare Assistant (HCA) to work in Ticehurst, East Sussex.
The salary for this permanent role is £18,712 per annum.
- A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care.
- Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate
- Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
Requirements of the Healthcare Assistant:
- Recent experience within a similar role
- Understands the need for strict confidentiality
- Educated to a minimum NVQ 1 or GCSE's in Mathematics and English.
This Healthcare Assistant job is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.