Innovate Children and Young People’s services, a delivery partner of Sanctuary Personnel has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Service to take on a new role within Children & Young People Services. This role is home based but you will have requirements to visit projects across the UK.
The salary for this permanent Head of Service role is £70,000 per annum.
The main purpose of this job is to provide leadership across the service to lead, deliver, improve and modernise services to children, their families and carers, whilst ensuring the best deployment of resources that provide the highest quality service. Under the overall direction of the Director of Service Delivery the post holder will be fully accountable for the operational management of selected Innovate CYPS projects across the UK.
You will be required to instil best practice in the strategic development of Innovate CYPS and to translate the agreed strategy into operational delivery. Also as post holder you will be expected to effectively manage service change designed to help achieve Innovates overall strategic priorities and aims. She/he must be prepared to work flexibly and swiftly adapt to changing circumstances in respect of services provided or commissioned by Innovate.
- Lead manage and co-ordinate a select number of project teams across the United Kingdom with full operational responsibility and accountability.
- Lead and supervise a group of Project Team Managers to secure the provision of highly effective services for children and families.
- Responsible for management, improvement and modernisation of project teams, to support Innovate’s vision and key priorities.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding statutory requirements always to achieve good or outstanding outcomes.
- Ensure effective and high-quality business and service planning processes, including setting, monitoring and recording of delivery against clearly defined objectives and outcomes and in accordance with Innovate requirements.
- Organise complex information and produce comprehensive, analytic, high quality written reports which make cogent arguments based on the evidence. Present such information in person in a range of settings, including with partners, inspectors, members and the senior leadership team.
Requirements of the Head of Service:
- Qualified Social worker status and SW England Registration with evidence of management development.
- Knowledge and understanding of recent research and best practice in the field of Children’s Social Care.
- In depth knowledge of the legal and statutory framework.
- Ability to interpret data and apply technology to help inform and shape services.
- Knowledge of anti-discriminatory practices, including racism, inequality and injustice.
- Successful management experience in a local government social care service.
- Experience of undertaking policy development and implementation.
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate service team members to develop and provide high quality services.
- Experience of addressing issues of racism, inequality and injustice, using anti-discriminatory practices.
- Experience of Business planning and development at a senior level
This Head of Service job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.