Sanctuary Executive is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Head of Service Care and Support to work full-time in Wrexham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Head of Service job is £40 per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To lead on the design, development and delivery of the Council's services for which the post-holder is responsible in accordance with all the relevant statutory frameworks, Council plans, policies and priorities and the overall outcomes and objectives of the Council.
- To lead a service to deliver the functions in order that they achieve the relevant outcomes, leading on the management of change, facilitating innovation and continuous improvement within council governance.
- To develop alternative service delivery model options on how services could be commissioned and delivered, aligning with key corporate outcomes and objectives. To ensure that services delivered by the Department are based upon proper assessment of the needs and wishes of service users in line with the objectives of the Council.
- To provide strategic advice to the Chief Officer, Strategic Leadership Team, the Council, Elected Members, officers, partners and communities. To act as an expert strategic and corporate adviser in all matters relating to a variety of Social Care services (see dimensions).
- As a member of the Departmental Management Team (DMT) to plan, develop and build a co-ordinated, efficient and robust range of service functions across the Department and the Council as a whole and to contribute to the strategic leadership of the Department in line with the relevant outcomes and objectives.
- To act to cover for other HOS roles, or be deployed to different mixes of services and undertake service wide projects which impact across all areas.
- To work collaboratively with other senior managers across the Council and with partner organisations to deliver effective and efficient services and to undertake other corporate responsibilities (e.g. collaboration with relevant partners, reshaping services, risk management and emergency planning/ management)
- To determine the demand and need for developing appropriate service models in order to achieve the Council's key priorities.
- To provide strategic leadership, direction, guidance, motivation and support to appropriate managers responsible for the outcomes of the services across the department. To help create a joined up sense of departmental purpose and vision in line with the Council's key priorities.
- To set expectations on performance outcomes, teams and individuals and managing the performance levels in line with these outcomes. Dealing robustly with situations where performance expectations are not met.
- To identify and implement organisational development initiatives in the service area positively to contribute to the delivery of the Council's Plan.
- Within service area, to work with groups and individuals in communities and with partner agencies to support communities to provide services and solutions for themselves and to be involved in running and shaping the services that continue to be provided by the Council
- To design and develop strategies, policies, plans and procedures and ensure their implementation and evaluation.
- To prepare and present strategic reports based on robust evidence, making recommendations to SLT/ Lead Members. Work with elected Members on key service issues and ensure ongoing review of progress against major service objectives.
- To review performance against agreed targets, reporting on progress and managing the delivery of projects in accordance with corporate policies and engaging and managing third parties/partners to support these objectives.
- To make fundamental recommendations for change to SLT/SMT/Members in order for service outcomes to be achieved. Provide professional expert/ technical advice, support and operational direction, taking appropriate action as required.
- To ensure that the Council has access to all elements of the Services and that proper governance arrangements are in place for the allocated service report functions.
- To ensure that the Services operate within budget and meet agreed financial targets and regulations working closely with the Finance Department to ensure careful budgetary control and the accuracy of all records.
- To commission, procure and manage contracts ensuring value for money and compliance with the Council's polices and regulations.
Requirements of the Head of Service:
- Professional Social Work qualification (e.g. Degree, DipSW, CQSW or CSS).
- Post qualifying learning/extensive evidence of CPD.
- Registered Social Worker with HCPC / Social Work England.
This Head of Service job is advertised by John Rudland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.