Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a role for a Head of Health and Safety in Plymouth.
This pay rate for this role is negotiable and has an initial 2–3-month contract.
- Lead the Health and Safety advisory team to provide a high quality Health and Safety service to the Council including our maintained schools.
- Provide leadership and management to the Council, working collaboratively with colleagues to contribute to the safe, efficient, and effective delivery of the Council’s vision, priorities, and services.
- Become the lead professional Council for Health and Safety, working closely with directorates to ensure that compliance against legislation is achieved.
- Establish plans for managing, deploying and co-ordinating resources in a well-planned and controlled manner, ensuring service requirements and resource levels are fully identified and corporate improvement is achieved.
- Manage and contribute to the overarching budget of HROD in conjunction with the Head of Culture and Employee Engagement and Head of HR Consultancy.
Requirements of the Head of Health and Safety:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Chartered Membership of IOSH or equivalent
- Management qualification or on the job experience
- Able to demonstrate up-to-date experience of modern approaches to delivering strategic health, safety, and risk management services.
- An enhanced DBS certificate dated within the last 12 months is desirable but not essential
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
This Head of Health and Safety role is advertised by Tom Watson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.