Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Head of Explosives to work based in Buxton.
The pay rate for this permanent Head of Explosives role is £53,360 - £59,625 per annum.
- Managing the quality, policy, technical and financial functions of the EAB
- Liaising with stakeholders such as BEIS, UKAS and HSE specialist explosives inspectors to ensure that the certification work of the EAB is consistent with UK government and HSE policy and meets the requirements of the relevant legislation
- Championing high professional standards in science and engineering, including constructively challenging existing methodologies and approaches
- Writing clear, high quality, accurate reports that are suitable to be submitted to customers or as evidence in legal proceedings
- Writing and presenting papers at specialist conferences and seminars
- Coaching and mentoring colleagues, continuing professional development, transferring own knowledge, in line with market and business need
- Providing highly effective review of technical work across a range of activities, utilising the specialist skills of others as appropriate to constructively challenge and improve standards
Requirements of the Head of Explosives:
- A degree in Explosives Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or a closely related subject
- Full Membership of your relevant professional body OR clearly holding enough experience to apply for Membership
- Experience of leading and managing technical teams and taking responsibility for decision making from technical information
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills, experience of writing clear, concise documents coupled with the ability to interact productively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience of working directly with a wide variety of stakeholders and working to clearly defined quality systems and processes
- Appreciation of the fundamental aspects of explosives and pyrotechnics testing across a range of standards and bespoke test scenarios
- Appreciation of the fundamental properties of explosives and pyrotechnics and related safety considerations
This Head of Explosives role is advertised by Hollie Mills; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.