Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5/6 Haematology Biomedical Scientist to fill a full-time role in Eastbourne. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Biomedical Scientist practices and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Biomedical Scientist job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- To follow the standard operating procedures and to participate in their regular review and update
- To plan and organise their work irrespective of hour to suit the demands of the Trust and department and, when required, to schedule tasks for staff under the post holders supervision
- To safely handle, use or dispose of blood and hazardous chemicals
- To undertake operative maintenance on laboratory instruments and equipment, as directed in SOPs, prior to them being used for patient investigations
- To carry out first line equipment and method troubleshooting, advise line manager of situations requiring further action, work with service engineers on fault resolution
- To perform all steps necessary from sample reception through to manual, semi-automated and fully-automated laboratory investigations to produce analyses required by the requester
- To measure, monitor and record the accuracy and precision of laboratory investigations using appropriate quality control procedures
- To report to the section supervisor any instance or event which may cause a service delivery failure
Requirements of the Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered
- Must have a relevant qualification in biomedical science (BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science or alternative qualification)
- Post qualifying experience within a similar role
This Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Ben Cox; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.