Sanctuary Health is currently looking for experienced and dedicated Band 5 General Radiographer to work full-time in Oswestry, Shropshire. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of radiography and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Radiographer job is £24,924 per annum.
- Perform general and highly specialised radiographic procedures, ensuring that high professional standards of work are achieved and maintained, whilst applying ALARA principles using IR(ME)R guidelines. Be aware of and follow current IR(ME)R procedures.
- When appropriate participate in the 24-hour on-call and standby services as allocated.
- Organise, plan and prioritise workload according to clinical need without supervision.
- Organise In-patient workload co-ordinating portering staff, nurse escorts and or Doctors, adjusting plans in cases of unavailability of personnel or unforeseen circumstances.
- Adjust work pattern when Out Patient demand from clinics exceeds expectations.
- Be a member of a Multidisciplinary team when in theatre taking the lead in advising on radiation protection of the other team members and patient , making sure that all team members are adequately protected with lead coats and ensuring that any members of staff who may be pregnant leave the area.
- When appropriate supervise, support staff, students and nursing staff.
- Participate in the training of student radiographers on placement at the RJ&AH.
Requirements of the Radiographer:
- Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography.
- Healthcare Professionals Council (HCPC) registration.
- BSc in Diagnostic Radiography and Medical Imaging or DCR equivalent
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development.
- Experience at Radiography grade.
- Experience working in NHS hospital
- Desired experience of Specialist Orthopaedic procedures, x-ray and fluoroscopic.
- Desired experience of Theatre radiography with an interest in Orthopaedics.
This Radiographer job is advertised by Dan Halls; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.