Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Band 3 Fire Scientist/Engineer to work based in Buxton.
The pay rate for this permanent Band 3 Fire Scientist/Engineer role is £39,334 - £45,865 per annum (pro-rata).
- Leading projects related to practical fire development and related topic areas and demonstrating high professional standards in science and engineering, including constructively challenging existing methodologies and approaches
- Actively supporting the development of research and test work with Government and industry by engaging with potential customers and stakeholders, providing quality technical content to proposals and presenting technical information and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Writing clear, high quality, accurate reports that will assist customers and stakeholders in understanding the evidence as it affects their activities
- Producing peer reviewed publications and presenting at conferences
- Providing support and advice to more junior members of the team, helping develop their skills and competencies
- Occasionally supporting incident investigations as required, working with other agencies such as the police and attending the incident site if appropriate
- Occasional travel in the UK and overseas, including some overnight stays away from home
Requirements of the Band 3 Fire Scientist/Engineer:
- A Masters or PhD degree in a science or engineering subject that is directly related to fire science
- Experience of designing, planning and delivering high quality research projects safely and to time and cost.
- A full driving licence that enables you to drive in the UK is essential
- Strong skills and competence in practical (experimental) studies, including experience of conducting and instrumenting relevant tests at medium to large scale
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- Access to the highly competitive Civil Service Pension Scheme to which HSE contribute around 27.1%, far more than in the private sector
- Family friendly policies and working hours to help balance your home life and career
- 25 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days after 5 years' service, plus bank holidays and 1-day Civil Service privilege leave
- Parental leave benefits: Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
This Band 3 Fire Scientist/Engineer role is advertised by Hollie Mills; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.