Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Fieldwork Occupational Therapist to work in Newham, London. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this Occupational Therapist job is £33,799 to £43,662 per annum.
- To assess the needs of disabled people and their carers, providing them with a personalised, effective occupational therapy intervention, that is strengths based, in order to improve their independence, wellbeing, safety and quality of life.
- To work in partnership with customers, their carers', colleagues, other MDT professionals and service providers to deliver improved customer outcomes in the most effective and efficient way, whilst maximising customer choice and control.
- To provide and be accountable for proportionate and high quality occupational therapy assessments for disabled people and their carers who are eligible for a service.
- To contribute to improving outcomes through appropriate occupational therapy interventions which may include tailored, information and advice, enablement, retraining, specialist /bespoke equipment and home adaptations.
- To ensure that where specialist /bespoke equipment is provided that it achieves its purpose of improving levels of independence or ease of care safely and effectively.
- To present well-reasoned reportsfor adaptations on behalf of disabled residents living in Newham Housing, Housing Association, privately rented and owner occupied accommodation.
- To work in partnership with customers, their carers', colleagues and other relevant MDT professionals and service providers within and external to Newham Council, developing and maintaining positive working relationships that contributes to a high standard of service provision.
- To effectively prioritise, organise and time manage own caseload.
- To provide concise, accurate and objective verbal and written reports, records and correspondence. These must meet agreed service standards, timeframes, and confidentiality in addition to data protection guidelines.
- To work within the relevant legislative framework, local and national policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To reflect on and review own practice, ensuring that it meets current local and professional requirements, that sound clinical reasoning is applied to decision making and learning is embedded.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that available Council resources including time and funding are used as effectively as possible.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post qualification
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.