Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Family Support Worker to work full-time within an Early Help Team based in Dudley. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services.
The pay rate for this locum Family Support Worker job is paying £13.94 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Carry out high quality Early Help assessments, develop and implement high quality Early Help Family Support plans.
- Work in partnership with families to ensure that they are provided with the right support at the right time to promote the welfare of children and young people living within the family.
- Reduce the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
- Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services.
- Deliver a 'Think Family' approach ensuring that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
- Implement, monitor and review family support intervention plans, including the delivery of evidence based parenting programmes, activities and group work sessions to strengthen family resilience. Enable the development of positive strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
- Work assertively with families with complex often interrelated problems including reducing truancy and school exclusion, improving under attainment and aspiration through education, learning and employment, reducing antisocial behavior and crime, improving health and developing a healthy lifestyle, maintaining and sustaining tenancies.
- Contribute to high quality assessments to secure the best outcomes for children and young people. Working alongside social workers to implement the Care plan when statutory intervention is required.
- Ensure that all children, young people and vulnerable adults are adequately protected in line with Dudley Safeguarding Children and Adult Board reporting procedures.
- Work as an effective team member positively implementing the Early Help strategy, prioritising the needs of families in need of support and intervention.
Requirements of the Family Support Worker:
- Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above.
- Good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills level 3 and above Evidence of continued learning and development.
- Good level of IT skills and application
- Experience of working with children, young people and families at risk of statutory intervention. Experience of working with families with multiple and complex interrelated problems.
- Experience of delivery of evidence based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these.
This Family Support Worker job is advertised by Kamruz Zaman; if you are interested in these positions please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.